Canadians ~part 2~

The weekend after my parents came I saw so many familiar Canadian faces. Jenelle got to come visit me. It was the best. Seriously. I miss that girl like mad. The moment we were reunited was beautiful. I waited for what felt like an eternity. They got stuck in traffic. I wish the moment of us seeing each other could have been caught on camera because it truly was beautiful. I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear or two of pure joy. If joy came bottled it would contain those tears.

We went to the football game and then stayed up too late getting all caught up and doing girl things like our nails. Then next morning we woke up early and headed to Salt Lake with Lincoln, Shane and Emily to hit up some General Conference. We got all the tickets we needed as we walked down the street in like 2 minutes. It was awesome. We went to the first session and heard that angel of a prophet President Monson say that I can go on a mission right now should I choose to. That moment was so exciting and surreal. Maybe a mission could be in my future... who knows? Oh that's right, the man upstairs. Anyways, it was a SUPER great experience. When we got to the conference center I saw some Canadians. I love seeing those familiar faces.
Mikyla the Canadian

They had smurfs singing... never seen that before

We waited for what felt like an eternity in the Chick-fil-A line, but it was well worth the wait. We ate our food, and then did some shopping at City Creek. It was fun. Then Jenelle and I got an apple pie apple to share and headed back to temple square to listen to come GC. The apple was great, the people watching was even better.

Jenellie and I sooo happy to be together at last, and at Chick-fil-A nonetheless. 

Abraham Lincoln Continental and I. This man brought Jenelle to me, not quite a DQ blizzard, but it'll do.

the best

also the best... all of these things in this picture are my favorite. 


This is when it started getting good. Jenelle and I were just enjoying our sunny spot and our apple (which is probably the healthiest thing I've eaten for weeks) when our famiry for the old country came over with their cameras. Just kidding they weren't our family, they were Chinese, but I digress, they were awesome.
This guy and his friend snapped a few shots of me and Jenelle. Of course we threw up the peace sign (it's a cultural thing), and they loved that. I couldn't actually understand them, but I'm pretty sure they were saying, "work that asian peace sign." We got some thumbs up, and they actually got some pretty sweet shots. They were the coolest.

Would you just look at that stance? Remarkable.



Not sure what this lady is taking a picture of, but like Papahashi said, not temple square appropriate.



They were everywhere. Erika, when you go on your mission there you should do a collection of shots of these asians. That would make a beautiful photo album of memories. 


I love temple square and Erika is a lucky lady to get to spend lots of time there. It was a beautiful day for conference. We headed back to Provo after talking to sooooo many sister missionaries and telling them that our sister would be joining them soon. Then they asked if I would be too... who knows, it could be made possible by contributions from viewers like you, Thank you. But actually temple square mission is going to be sweet Erika!!!!! 
After getting back to Provo we hung out a little bit and then came the Canadians!!!! I went to a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner, provided by the Paynes. It was so good to see their whole family. It felt like home. It was nice to talk about Canadian things too. So many wonderful things and people in Canada that I miss. 
Then I came home and MORE CANADIANS! It doesn't get any better than that. We had our own personal tour guides as we hiked the Y, and we taught them about our Canadian ways. If you're going to hike the Y, go at midnight, when you can't see that far ahead of you so you don't know how far you need to go. It was sweet. Provo isn't quite the view of Calgary, but it was nice. I never knew I would miss my big city lights and the skyline of Calgary so much. 
Jess, Renee, Jordan, Janie and Jamie

Such a happy Canadian family 

Me and my lady. 
I seriously LOVE this girl and miss her soooo much!!!!
Our tour guides. Charlie and Ryan. 

We went home after and said our farewells. Jenelle got to spend one last night with me. It was great. We stayed up too late again, talking and doing girl things of course. I seriously miss having sleepovers with that girl every night. The next morning we woke up, ate snacks and watched conference. It was sad not being at home with everyone else to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. I really miss being all together. According to Instagram it looked like everyone was having a blast. I had to say goodbye to Jenelle that night. It was so sad. Tears were shed and I miss her everyday. I am so grateful that she got to visit though, and I hope one day we might be able to live here together. That would be a dream!

A couple of nights ago Laura texted me and told me she found Perogies at Walmart! She picked me up and we devoured those suckers. Not quite as good as the ones in bulk that you get from Costco, but they sufficed. It always feels more like home when I get to be with my Calgarians. I love them all and I can't wait until I can go back to my hometown.

Poor Americans are missing out on so many delectable treats. They don't even have a clue.  



Comments

  1. You are so funny! I kept laughing so much when I was reading this! I like your idea for Erika with the Asians - and laughed again at Nicoles comment! MMM i miss chick-fil-A but I am grateful for perogies!

    Love you!!

    P.S SO jealous - I never hiked the Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love canadians too. And you guys were sweet to check out my {future} stomping grounds. I wish I could have joined you for conference weekend... hopefully I will get down there soon! I'm definitely going to make a super special album for my asians of temple square album. I can't wait. Missions are cool. You should go on one! Also, I like the feather sweater in the perogy picture. And I like perogies too.

    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Jenelle could visit you and that you could be at that historic session of conference. Looks like a great weekend. Bruce told me he thinks his kids should starting having fun in the library instead of in Utah every week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And We Shall See

Canadians

I Love To See The Temple