Canadians

There is just something about Canadians that I miss so much. I didn't realize that the USofA was actually a foreign country until I moved here and said garborator. Or maybe it was when I was talking about my postal code and the 'zed' that falls so eloquently between the 4 and the 1. I can't quite put my finger on it. There are so many wonderful things that Canada has to offer, and so many wonderful people that I miss so much. I've been lucky. The last 2 consecutive weeks I've been blessed with visitors from the True North Strong and Free, and I miss them so much. My first visitors were Mom, Papahashi, Alana and Tracen

Tracen and I enjoyed the Andy Warhol and Takashi Murakami exhibit at the MOA. It was really cool. Oh yeah and we got free food too. And Alana was there, but she was just being our official photographer. 
Can you guess what would make Papahashi this excited? 
It wasn't our free meal that we just ate, but that would be a good guess.
It may have a something to do with Nick Lachey...
But not really....
It 
was
VOCALPOINT!!!!
Seriously, I don't think that man has ever been more excited in his life. Like ever! 
They were really good, and fun to watch. Dad was excited because they diversified, by getting a black guy in the group. 
But for real- I've never seen a happier asian man in my life.
Just take a moment to appreciate the joy in this picture. It's like he just witnessed a christmas miracle. 

Just one more for good measure. 
Next we went to Momma and Papa's first college football game. Not quite as exciting as Vocal Point, but still pretty decent.

Saturday morning came early. Mom, dad and I ran a 5 K early in the morning. It was a Canadian activity because of the use of the metric system. Then we headed over to Costco for some much needed samples. We got groceries too. Let me just tell you, I've missed that place. Salt Lake City was our next stop. NPS was good to us, as per usual, then it was over to City Creek for some food and fun, where I experienced one of the greatest movie like moments of my life. 
We were sitting outside, enjoying the beautiful weather when suddenly, out of nowhere I saw the face of an angel. My heart skipped a beat- it may have stopped altogether- it's all a blur. In one swift motion I stood and began making my way to this vision in a baseball tee. I caught her eye and it was as if time seemed to slow down for a moment. We ran towards each other and embraced. All I could hear was the man playing live music in the background, and it was as if he was playing just for this moment. That's right people, I saw my best friend for life at the mall. It was a tender mercy I tell you. A tender mercy. 
Just look at how happy we are.
A truly beautiful moment with my best friend. 

Sunday we went to church and then headed to Wilma and Dave's for some fun times. The parents, Nicole and I went to temple square to scout out Erika's future stomping grounds. As Nicole would say, "all the sisters have asian companions, except for the asian ones." This would be a true statement. 
 The temple was beautiful, as always.
Papahashi received many rich blessings

Then we headed back to the Gather's to play some dutch blitz. Chay cheated and won. I didn't do so hot. A good time was had by all. Also I think this is the only photo evidence I have that Alana was there. She is the blur in the background. 

The family was sure to leave me with the necessities. Already the All Dressed, ketchup, crispy Minis and Stacy's have been consumed. The All Dressed were a hit with the Americans, Ketchup... not so much. 

Thanks for coming to visit me Mom, Dad, Alana and Tracen! It was great to spend some time with you, and I love and miss you!!!!!!





Comments

  1. It was so fun visiting you too!! So nice of them to have a Canadian race for you guys to run - haha... and it is funny how happy dad is when watching vocal point, and it probably helped that he was eating his free meal of the day (he had one every day we were there)!! We miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on our visit. It was fun to be down there and run in Canadian race. I'm not ashamed to say I loved watching Vocal Point live. And there is nothing wrong with free meals (right Michael P?) We'll have to come down again sometime and hope for a more exciting football games. Miss you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And We Shall See

I Love To See The Temple